AVIXA Announces 2019 Oceania Award Winners
AVIXA™, the Audiovisual and Integrated Experience Association, has announced the winners of its 2019 Oceania Awards. The recipients were honored on the first day of Integrate Expo in Melbourne during a well attended awards ceremony that also hosted the project-oriented AV Industry Awards (AVIA) by AV Magazine Asia-Pacific. The adjacent celebration was supported by Bose.
Recognizing AV professionals for their outstanding achievements in Oceania’s AV industry, a dedicated AVIXA regional awards committee selected the winners in the following categories: Oceania Young AV Professional of the Year, Oceania Women in AV, Oceania CTS® Holder of the Year, Oceania Educator of the Year, and Oceania Distinguished Achievement Awards. The Volunteer of the Year Award was selected by AVIXA staff.
“Now in its third year, earning the AVIXA Oceania Award represents an important milestone in the career of AV professionals who have shown outstanding contribution to help their peers, businesses or industry overall grow,” says Jonathan Seller, Senior Director of Development, Asia-Pacific, AVIXA. “All winners are nominated by a third party, hence being selected for the award is a true peer recognition.”
2019 AVIXA Oceania Award winners:
- Oceania Volunteer of the Year Award – Peter Swanson, CTS, Lendlease
- Oceania Young AV Professional Award – Garth Cahill, CTS, Corporate Technology Services
- Oceania Young AV Professional Award – Tyler Wood, CTS, Corporate Technology Services
- Oceania Young AV Professional Award – John Thampi, CTS-D, CTS-I, Downer Group
- Oceania Women in AV Award – Boey Song, tm stagetec systems
- Oceania CTS Holder of the Year Award – Ryan Gomes, CTS-D, Corporate Technology Services
- Oceania Educator of the Year Award – Paul Dabrowski, CTS, avt
- Oceania Distinguished Achievement Award – Michael Rutledge
AVIXA™ is the Audiovisual and Integrated Experience Association, producer of InfoComm trade shows around the world, co-owner of Integrated Systems Europe, and the international trade association representing the audiovisual industry. Established in 1939, AVIXA has more than 11,400 enterprise and individual members, including manufacturers, systems integrators, dealers and distributors, consultants, programmers, live events companies, technology managers, content producers, and multimedia professionals from more than 80 countries. AVIXA members create integrated AV experiences that deliver outcomes for end users. AVIXA is a hub for professional collaboration, information, and community, and is the leading resource for AV standards, certification, training, market intelligence, and thought leadership. Visit avixa.org.