Gefen launches 4K video over IP sender and receiver units
A leader in audio visual signal distribution, Gefen, has introduced two new 4K ultra HD video over IP products to the Australian AV market.
Rather than using the traditional methods of expensive external video wall processors, Gefen 4K video over IP units include videowall control functionality, providing an easy and cost-effective alternative to creating customised video walls in any combination up to 16×16 display array.
The built-in scaler and videowall features provide great flexibility in sizing and manipulating live and signage content in installations such as sports bars and restaurants, or corporate, education, hospitality and retail establishments.
These next generation video over IP products can transmit 4K content up to 3840 x 2160 at 60 Hz and 4:2:0 chroma subsampling and support the most popular formats for today’s 4K sources. They also retain the ability of Gefen’s current generation to exist on the most commonly deployed gigabit network infrastructures. Both products are quick to set-up and easy to control through the Gefen matrix controller (EXU-CU-LAN).
Both products support HDMI input resolutions up to 4K 60Hz 4:2:0 and output resolutions up to 4K 30Hz 4:4:4, HDCP 2.2 and 1.4, and 7.1 channels of HBR (High Bit Rate) lossless and LPCM digital audio up to 100 meters.
Additionally, both the sender and receiver units support the simultaneous connection of a VGA and HDMI device. The sender acts as a switcher, allowing the user to select either the analogy VGA input or digital HDMI input as a source for the video over IP network. A local VGA output is also available to monitor the selected signal. On the receiver, the VGA and HDMI outputs are both active and essentially function as a video splitter, providing analogue and digital outputs for nearly any display present. The VGA input and output support VESA resolutions up to 1920×1200 at 60Hz (WUXGA). This product also provides RS-232 and 2-way IR routing between the sender and the receiver units, allowing the transfer of IR commands and RS-232 communications among all sources and the displays.
Key features include:
· Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) –simplifies installation by allowing both units to be powered through a standard PoE-enabled IP network switch, freeing up power outlets for other devices which do not support PoE
· Cable run of up to 100 metres (330 feet)
· Built in gigabit switch on receiver for daisy chain functionality
· Sender and receiver can be used a KVM extenders in a one-to-one or as nodes in a virtual matrix environment
· Neat installation with ability to surface, shelf or rack mount with the additional rack tray (EXT-RACK-1U-GRY) that’s sold separately
· Sender unit features a 1U tall and half-rack-width enclosure, perfect for rack mounting and the receiver unit features a low-profile enclosure that can fit in tight places when hiding the receiver is not an option.
· Signal routing managed internally in the device, improving network security and allows configuration without IT administrative access
· Additional senders and receivers can be easily added at any time without replacing existing hardware, cabling or configuration
The video over IP products build on the company’s tradition of providing high performance, scalable, expandable, and secure AV routing and distribution over a standard 1 gig Local Area Network.
The sender and receiver units are compatible with the existing video over IP 1080p senders and receivers with a quick system set-up and control through the Gefen EXT-CU-LAN matrix controller.
See more Gefen products on the Amber Technology Stand C4 at Integrate, 29-31 August or visit www.ambertech.com.au.
Media enquiries – for further information or review units please contact:
Roberta Marcroft or Adrienne Pearson Write Away Communication + Events
Tel: 02 9978 1400, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com