New safety guidelines for the Live Entertainment and Events Industries
After many years and thousands of hours of writing, meeting, discussions and reviewing - according to Showtech Director, Tiny Good, the Live Performance Australia (LPA) has now released their OHS guidelines for live events.
The new safety guidelines for the Live Entertainment and Events Industry are now available. The new Guidelines replace the Employer Guide to OH&S published in 2004 and are freely available on the LPA website for all professionals to download.
The objective of the new Guidelines is to promote best practice in delivering safe events and safe working environments and raise awareness of the practical and legislative requirements to manage health and safety issues appropriately.
All Members are encouraged to incorporate the new guidance material into your work, health & safety plans, as well as promote the use of the material to non-members and others that may work in our industries.
The Safety Guidelines for the Live Entertainment and Events Industry comprise;
- Audience and Crowd Management Hazard Guide 2018
- Electricity Hazard Guide 2018
- Event Rigging Hazard Guide 2018
- General Operational Hazards Guide 2018
- Hazardous Chemicals Guide 2018
- Part 1 – Safety Guidelines for Live Entertainment and Events Hazard Guide 2018
- Part 2 – Safety Guidelines for Live Entertainment and Events Hazard Guide 2018
- Performer Hazard Guide 2018
- Special Effects Hazard Guide 2018
- Stage Machinery Automation Systems Hazard Guide 2018
- Temporary Structures Hazard Guide 2018
- The Work Environment Hazard Guide 2018
- Traffic and Vehicle Access Hazard Guide 2018
- Working at Height Hazard Guide 2018
You can download the guidelines here.
Keep up to date with Live Event news and guidelines in the Integrate Live Theatre Program, full program launching soon. See what else is on this year at Integrate here.